The Observatory for Education and Training Policies (OP.Edu) is a joint creation of the Interdisciplinary Research Centre for Education and Development (CeiED), of the Lusófona University and the Centre for Social Studies of the University of Coimbra.
OP.Edu aims to produce, analyse and disseminate information, as well as to carry out studies and fundamental and applied research, which can contribute to a comprehensive knowledge of education and training policies and practices.
OP.Edu follows the principles of Open Science: transparency, open access to research and data, reuse of information and use of web tools.
In order to achieve its purpose, the activities of OP.Edu include, namely:
- Conducting fundamental and applied research projects;
- The development of studies in partnership with public, private and third sector institutions;
- The strengthening of relations with national and foreign research centres with attributions within the scope of OP.Edu’s activity;
- The enhancement of participation in networks for research and dissemination of outcomes in the field of education and training policies;
- The organization of congresses, lectures, seminars, workshops, training sessions and other events with a similar purpose, aiming at the further development of OP.Edu’s areas of activity;
- The development of synergies between the participating research centres in order to provide post-graduate training and the development of master’s and doctoral dissertations related to the themes of the Observatory;
- The gathering, processing and delivery of statistical or other information;
- The promotion, dissemination and editing of scientific and technical publications.
This website has been designed to serve as a platform to communicate and share information with the general public. It succeeds the previous website, which can be accessed in full here